We will host our fifth annual Strawberry Baking Contest at the 2017 Tri-City Medical Center Vista Strawberry Festival. The contest and judging will take place on Saturday, May 27, 2017 with the winners announced Sunday, May 28 at the Strawberry Festival. We have three categories: Strawberry Pie, Strawberry Dessert & 14 & under Strawberry Dessert. Don't be shy, get those recipes going! Cost to enter is only $10.00 to enter the Adult Divisions and $5.00 to enter the Youth Division. We will have cash prizes for 1st/2nd/3rd Places in each adult division ($75/$50/$25). The 14 & Under Division winners will receive gift certificates. See complete rules below:
- Entry fee of $10.00 for the Adult Divisions and $5.00 for the 14 & Under Division.
- This contest is open to anyone. You MUST be present to win.
- There are two Adult Divisions: Strawberry Pie & Strawberry Desserts. All entries MUST contain strawberries.
- Recipes need not be original.
- Deliver the ready-to-taste entry to When Pigs Fly, 230 Main Street in downtown Vista.
- Starting time will be at 12:00 p.m., entries will be judged at 12:30 p.m.
- Contest judges will decide on cash prize winners.
- Winners will be announced and awarded on the Tri-City Medical Center Main Street stage at 4:00 p.m. on Sunday May 28, 2017.
- List of ingredients must accompany your entry (not a recipe, just a list of ingredients).
- Serving dishes must be picked up by 2:00 p.m. or they will be discarded.
- The Vista Chamber of Commerce, the City of Vista or the event sponsors are not responsible for any thefts, injuries or accidents that may occur.