We will host our sixth annual Strawberry Baking Contest at the 2018 Tri-City Medical Center Vista Strawberry Festival. The contest and judging will take place on Saturday, May 26, 2018 at Pepper Tree Frosty in Vista with the winners announced Sunday, May 27 at the Strawberry Festival. We have three categories: Strawberry Pie, Strawberry Dessert & 14 & under Strawberry Dessert. Don't be shy, get those recipes going! Cost to enter is only $5.00. We will have cash prizes for 1st/2nd/3rd Places in each adult division ($75/$50/$25). The 14 & Under Division winners will receive gift certificates. See complete rules below:
- Entry fee of $5.00. Registration Form and payment must accompany entry.
- This contest is open to anyone.
- There are two Adult Divisions: Strawberry Pie & Strawberry Desserts. All entries MUST contain strawberries.
- Recipes need not be original.
- Deliver the ready-to-taste entry to Pepper Tree Frosty (270 S Santa Fe Ave) in downtown Vista.
- Starting time will be at 12:00 p.m., entries will be judged at 12:30 p.m.
- Contest judges will decide on cash prize winners.
- Winners will be announced and awarded on the Tri-City Medical Center Main Street stage at 4:00 p.m. on Sunday May 28, 2017.
- List of ingredients must accompany your entry (not a recipe, just a list of ingredients).
- Serving dishes must be picked up by 2:00 p.m. or they will be discarded.
- The Vista Chamber of Commerce, the City of Vista or the event sponsors are not responsible for any thefts, injuries or accidents that may occur.